When it comes to the food processing technology, most processors prefer to have a single supplier for their complete IQF Processing lines. Many times, the food processors are not sure which combination of processing equipment they need, how these can be optimized to work together, and who should be responsible for the whole line functionality when you have a number of different suppliers.
It is a well-known fact that the final freezing result and the energy efficiency can be compromised if the other equipment of the IQF processing line, besides the freezer, are not optimized or chosen right. This is where OctoFrost comes to help food processors, through the OctoFrostTM IQF Processing Line - an innovative food processing technology that offers processors the advantage of having the most efficient equipment and a single supplier for the whole line.
This unique food processing technology brings three main advantages for the food processors:
1. An optimized connection between equipment
2. Harmonized sizes of individual equipment for energy efficiency and high-quality end-product.
3. One source responsibility for technical service and support
The IQF line can consist of the Impingement Flash (IF) Cooker, IF Blancher, IF Chiller, IQF Tunnel Freezer and other intermediate food processing technology which might be needed by the processor. Each OctoFrost piece of equipment is a unique, sophisticated technology, built through continuous development and listening to the customers' needs.
Below, we will concentrate on each of the four main pieces that compose the full IQF processing line:
1. IF Cooker. This food processing technology is the latest innovation in the IQF shrimp industry, using the OctoFrostTM patented 3 temperature zones, which makes it possible to avoid overcooking the shrimp and results in the highest yield possible. The unique rain shower system guarantees the quickest heat transfer, allowing accurate temperature control within 0.2 degrees Celsius of the set temperatures.
The water gently falls over the product, only by means of gravitation, therefore the product quality is not compromised. Moreover, the rain shower system has a product cleaning function. The OctoFrostTM IF Cooker is a food processing technology that has three infeed possibilities, for the greatest flexibility in product variety: bulk, belt, and tray infeed.
2. IF Blancher. Blanching is a cooking process in which the vegetable or fruit is passed through hot water for a short period of time. Blanching vegetables or fruits is done to stop the enzymatic process and preventing the loss of nutrients, flavor, texture, and color. Blanching also cleanses the surface of contaminants and bacteria. Optimal blanching is achieved by quickly reaching the desired core temperature followed by quick chilling.
This food processing technology is similar to the IF Cooker, the only difference being that the IF Cooker is used only for seafood, while the IF Blancher is used for other food products such as vegetables, fruits and grains. With the OctoFrostTM Impingement technology, the blanching time is reduced to a minimum, preventing over-blanching and reducing time and energy consumption.
3. IF Chiller. The OctoFrostTM IF Chiller guarantees the quickest heat transfer through its rain shower system. The water is filtered, recirculated, and then chilled by the plate heat exchanger (PHE). The PHE provides ice-cold water with a temperature of 1 degree Celsius. The system is designed to reach a product core temperature of 5 degrees Celsius or less.
4. IQF Tunnel Freezer. The OctoFrost IQF technology provides four main categories of benefits: a natural appearance of the frozen products, reliable food safety, energy efficiency, and a high yield. Each of these benefits is a result of the unique features and ingenious design of the OctoFrost IQF tunnel freezer.
The natural appearance of the frozen products is possible thanks to the gentle fluidization on the OctoFrost bedplates, which use an asymmetrical movement to gently separate the products and efficiently freeze them. There are up to 5 adjustable freezing zones, which ensure an effective freezing process and a natural-looking final product.
Food safety is one of the major advantages of the OctoFrost IQF technology and it is insured by the easily removable bedplates, which can be cleaned outside the freezer, avoiding cross-contamination. Furthermore, the OctoFrostTM IQF tunnel freezer has an efficient Clean-In-Place system which, in combination with the rounded corners and the sloping surfaces of the freezer, will contribute to the best results of the cleaning process.
When it comes to energy efficiency, this food processing technology features highly effective fans, which can be adjusted to the needed speed, helping to increase profitability and to save energy. Moreover, the optimal aerodynamics and the high capacity coil ensure a decreased energy consumption while delivering the best freezing results. The optimal aerodynamics are also responsible for lower dehydration which leads to a higher yield, a very valuable argument for our customers.